1. Husband’s car is officially on its last leg. The door handle on the driver’s side has broken off, so if you ever have the pleasure of riding in this “stallion” (as Husband likes to call it) here are your options for getting out:
a) roll down the window and open the door from the outside- but sometimes that is not an option as the car will not allow the window to roll down if outside temperatures are exceeding 85 degrees which is a pretty frequent occurrence in FLORIDA.
b) if you have already turned off the car, and you do not feel like hassling with the window (that will probably not roll down when you need it to the most…) your next option would be to crawl over to the passenger side and get out nice and easy.
c) if all else fails and you have to escape the wrath of the evil doings of the “stallion”, just climb out of the sunroof! (This is my personal favorite)
2. Tropical Storm Debby sat out in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico all weekend and showered us with lots of mother nature love… This included so much RAIN that our roof started leaking and now there is a huge stain on our ceiling where she decided to leave her mark. Booooo…. :(
3. I’m still really surprised that Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays. It seems the only day I need or think to go there is on Sundays! Grrrr….
4. My Aunt Robbin fell down her stairs and unfortunately broke her ankle in 3 places… thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery!
1. I started watching a new series (for me) on the Netflix queue called Downton Abbey. So good. I know it’s well into it’s 3rd or 4th season by now, which is why I’m trying to catch up quickly!
2. Purchased our tickets to Key West for our mini vacay the first weekend of August! Yes, we are turning into professional jet setters…
3. Saw a very funny comedy show (minus the political jokes that I did not agree with, but that’s not a conversation worth having) at the Improv on Friday night & had a lovely dinner with friends at La Porta Rossa on Saturday!
4. Had lunch on Sunday with my cousin Eric, his wonderful wife, Maggie, and their beautiful new baby, Chrissy! They are in Florida visiting Maggie’s grandparents and it was such a nice treat to see them and visit for a couple hours!