1. Fall in Florida is almost nonexistent but when the forecast says the high for the day is in the low 80’s my heart smiles. The past few nights have been absolutely gorgeous in the 60’s and I even got to wear some boots to dinner on Thursday night! Florida, this “cold front” you have been allowing us to enjoy is greatly appreciated and my puppies thank you too!
2. Pumpkin is definitely in my top 3 favorite flavors/ scents. Everything in my house is pumpkin right now. Cupcakes, coffee creamer, candles… literally everything.
3. This is not The Dietrich’s best season for football. None of our teams are doing especially well, but we are trying super hard to not keep the dark cloud of defeat around us every weekend… :( So, right now we are HUGE Houston Cougar fans! Go coooooogs!!
4. Husband got his new iPhone last week and I’m super jealous. Mine was ordered over a month ago & I just got an email that it will not be available to ship until mid- November. Bummer.
5. I only have 2 more months in my 20’s.
Ok. I know it has been almost 3 weeks since college football started. But I have a good excuse as to why I have been gone so long!
See here’s what happened…
We drove to Gainesville on Friday (almost 3 Friday’s ago now…) since some of Husband’s friends from undergrad were going to be in town and everyone wanted to hang out! I was really excited because we were finally going to eat at Husband’s FAVORITE sushi spot!
Let me give you a little background on this place… since the day Husband & I met, he had told me about his FAVORITE sushi at this place called Dragonfly. Every time we would have sushi anywhere he would always compare it to Dragonfly… and with all the chances we had to eat there while going to gator games over the last five years, we never did! So, this was finally my chance to have this amazing sushi! And I’m happy to report it was pretty darn good. Wouldn’t mind having the sautéed edamame every day for the rest of my life!
The next morning, we got up bright and early and headed out to do some tailgating where we ran into the Florida marching band drum line!
And then we finally made it to the game… where the Gators beat Toledo!
THEN:: After the game, Husband & I headed out to the beach for a couple days which was amazing, but… as we were driving back home a few days later… I realized that I left my computer at the beach… boooooo!! I have been so lost without it! Thank goodness my awesome father in law grabbed it for me when he was down there this past week! Whew…
So, that’s my story… that’s why I have been M.I.A. I’m sure you all have been VERY concerned.
On a more serious note.
Fast forward to today: September 11, 2013. I still remember where I was and what I was doing on that horrific day 12 years ago… isn’t it amazing how if you ask anyone where they were on that day, they will remember? Gives me chills. And every year I sit down and start watching the documentaries of that day and as soon as it gets to the part where they show the 2nd airplane crash into the 2nd tower… I still break down and cry. It’s so heartbreaking. My alma mater, Pepperdine University, has a memorial for those lost that is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. If you are ever in Malibu around this time of year, you must go see it. Click here for more pictures and information. Seriously, click on the link. The pictures are incredible. Picture #5 is my favorite.
For those who were lost, their families, the military men & women who continue to fight for our safety and freedom- God bless you.
And God bless the United States of America.
We will never forget.